Saturday, August 8, 2009

A local treat, rust belt rusted river

Cheers!

I am excited to finally get my hands on a youngstown beer! Rusted River Irish Red Ale by Rust Belt Brewing. Brewed right in downtown Youngstown, just 5 miles from my house. This irish red ale pours dark red, but lightens and the thin head quickly vanishes. You can really smell the yeast in this beer, almost like bread dough! The first sip greats you with a nice caramel note, but on finish you get an almost woody taste. As this beer warms up you can really taste some nutty flavors but still get the caramel and wood taste. While this beer isn't in my wheel house (IPAs and double IPAs) I really enjoy it and will probably have a few more bottles down the road. I'll gladly give this 4 out of 5 pints!

No comments:

Post a Comment